Cranberry Sauce Spiked with Espresso
Total Time: 25 minutes
Skill Level: Easy Peasy. Budget: $. Serves: Creates 1 16oz. jar of sauce
I created this concoction while I was a Starbucks Store Manager. I was becoming certified as a Coffee Master and created a Thanksgiving Coffee Tasting for my certification. Instead of having coffee with a bunch of different kinds of food, I decided to have coffee in and with my preparations. This one was so amazingly good, it became our standard cranberry sauce.
- 1 12 oz. bag of frozen cranberries
- 2 shots of espresso in 6 oz. of water (or some other concentrated coffee medium using a similar volume)
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. sliced candied ginger
- 1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and turn on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, until the sauce reaches the consistency that you want.
- Smash up the candied ginger and cranberries and store in the refrigerator once cooled.