Sous Vide Corned Beef
Total Time: 48 and a half hours Active Time: 30 minutes Sous Vide Time: 48 hours
Skill Level: Easy Peasy. Budget: $$. Serves: 4(really hungry)-8
- 3- 4 lbs. corned beef, most include a packet of pickling spice too
- You’ll need a sous vide set up for this application.
- Preheat the sous vide bath to 134ºF.
- Put the corned beef into a large zip top bag or a sealable bag (if you have a vacuum sealer). Open the little pickling spice packet and sprinkle on the beef, then seal with the sealer or use archimedes principle* to seal in the zip top bag.
- Submerge the pouch in the sous vide bath and allow to cook for 48 hours.
- To serve, slice the corned beef into 1/2″ slices. Recommended to serve with braised cabbage, roasted potatoes and soda bread biscuits, especially for St. Patrick’s Day! And if you’re celebrating anything Irish, look up Granny’s Connemara Cake!It’s laced with Bailey’s Irish Creme Liqueur.