Total Time: 1 hour Bake Time: 22 minutes Cooling Time:15 minutes
Skill Level: Easy Peasy. Budget: $. Serves: 2-4
- 1/4 lb. (1 stick) butter
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 3 1/2 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp. espresso or Turkish ground coffee
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond or vanilla extract or a mixture of the two
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/4 c. plus 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of kosher salt
- vanilla ice cream with caramel syrup to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Heat the butter, the semisweet and unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler (heat proof bowl that sits over a small sauce pot with simmering water in the pot), just until the chocolate melts. Remove the bowl and allow to cool for 15 minutes, or 10 in the fridge.
- In a large bowl stir together the the eggs, coffee, almond extract and sugar. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Spray a cast iron pan with non-stick spray and pour in the brownie batter and bake for 22 minutes. Don’t over bake, these brownies will be moist so a toothpick test won’t work. Serve warm with ice cream on top!