Sous Vide Créme Fraîche
Total Time: 8-12 hours, Active time 10 minutes
Skill Level: Easy Peasy. Budget: $. Serves: Makes 1 10 oz. portion of créme fraîche.
A sous vide machine [photo below] (there is a way to make créme fraîche without a sous vide machine but it takes 24 hours, click here for that how to.)
Mason jars and lids.
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. buttermilk
- Sterilize your jar(s) in steaming water (put an inch of water in the bottom of a pot place the jars and lids inside and cover with a lid allowing steam to sterilize the jars for you on medium heat for 10 minutes).
- Pour the heavy cream and the buttermilk into the jar and lid the jar tightly.
- Bring the sous vide bath to 95˚F. Before you place your jars in make sure that you’ve timed this right so you will be able to take them out somewhere in the 8-12 hour range.
- Place the jars into the 95˚F bath and allow to bathe for 8-12 hours at that temp.
- When finished remove the jars from the bath and place them in a ice bath to chill them down before storing in fridge.
- The créme fraîche can be stored in the fridge up to 3 weeks.