Persimmon, Avocado and Cranberry Salad with Bright Green Dressing
Total Time: 30 minutes
Skill Level: Easy Peasy. Budget: $. Serves: 6-8 (depending on whether you serve it as a main or side).
Bright Green Dressing:
- ½ bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- ½ bunch basil, leaves only [for thanksgiving sub in half tarragon]
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, halved and seed discarded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large limes, juiced
- kosher salt to taste
- 6 c. spinach
- 2 c. arugula
- 2-3 ripe persimmons, halved + sliced thin
- 1 large avocado, cut into cubes
- ½ c. dried cranberries [ can also use pomegranate arils or dried apricot for less contrast]
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- Toss all of the “salad” things together into a serving dish and set aside. Until ready to serve.
- In a food processor combine all of the “dressing” components minus the oil in the bowl of the processor. Turn on and being to process. Slowly add in the olive oil. Season with salt and more acid as needed from citrus.