Molten Lava Cakes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Skill Level: Easy Peasy. Budget: $. Makes: 6 cakes
- 6oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 2oz. semisweet chocolate
- 10 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. AP flour
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. triple sec
- Preheat oven to 425 ˚F.
- Butter 6 6oz. ramekins.
- Melt the chocolates and butter in a double boiler.
- Add the flour and sugar to chocolate mixture.
- Add in the eggs and yolks, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and triple sec.
- Divide the batter evenly among the custard cups.
- Bake in the oven and bake for 14 minutes.
- When finished cooking, run a knife around the edges to loosen and invert onto dessert plates.