Herb Roasted Fish in Parcel
Total Time: 30 minutes (active for 15 minutes)
Skill Level: Easy Peasy. Budget: $. Serves: 4
- 4 12×16″ pieces of parchment paper
- 4, 6-8oz fish filets, tilapia or snapper
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 8-12 large green olives with pits
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven for 400˚F.
- Place the pieces of parchment paper on a flat surface, fold them in half and cut like a paper heart, but in an oval shape. Open the fold and place each filet lengthwise just to the right of the fold. On each filet, sprinkle 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. lemon juice and 2 sprigs of thyme, place 2-3 olives alongside of the fish.
- Brush the edges of the entire parchment with the beaten egg whites. Fold the left side of the parchment paper over the right side so the edges line up, creating a packet. Press the edges together to create a seal. Repeat with all pieces of fish. Place all of the packets on a sheet pan, making sure that the oil and lemon juice don’t run out when you move the parcels.
- Bake for exactly 15 minutes. Place each parcel on a serving plate and allow diners to open their parcels.
Thank you to Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, for publishing this recipe in “Make it Ahead.”