Goat Cheese Ravioli with Pink Peppercorns
Total Time: 1 hour (all active)
Skill Level: Moderate Budget: $. Serves: 4
- 1 batch pasta dough plus the zest of 3 lemons
- 11 oz. goat cheese (or cream cheese), softened
- pinch of chile flake (or Vulcan salt)
- black pepper, freshly ground
- sea salt, preferably Maldon
- water to seal pasta
- 2 tsp. pink peppercorns, finely crushed
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- grapeseed oil or olive oil
- lemon wedges, optional
- Make the pasta dough according to instructions in the link, adding lemon zest to the flour.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Roll out the dough as thin as you are comfortable with. Then cut rounds out.
- Mix the goat cheese or cream cheese with a good amount of ground black peppercorn, sea salt and chile flake. Place a tsp on the mixture in the center or each ravioli round and place a second round on top and use dabs of water to close.
- Boil the pasta about 5-7 at a time and remove to a bowl that has been drizzled with grapeseed or olive oil.
- Once done cooking pasta, sprinkle pink peppercorns and tarragon and serve with lemon wedges to juice over the pasta table side.