Stuffing Arancini with Cranberry Chutney Dipping Sauce
Total Time: 30 minutes
Skill Level: Moderate. Budget: $. Serves: 4
- 3 c. leftover stuffing
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- 1/2 c. leftover cranberry sauce
- 1 tsp. chai mix
- 1/2 c. cherry compote, pie filling
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oil until shimmering slightly for frying.
- Place the celery, pepper and stuffing into a bowl. If your stuffing is a bit dry add a bit of water, if it is very dry add an egg. Mix together thoroughly. Shape into meatball sized balls and roll in breadcrumbs. Fry in batches until browned.
- Meanwhile combine the cherries, vinegar, spice and cranberry sauce and season to taste. Whisk together and then bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer until done frying the arancini.