Tea Sandwiches: Ham and Egg Salad and Pickled Radish and Cucumber
My husband made these for a Tea themed date night. We had tea, tea biscuits and watched Alice in Wonderland.
Ingredients for the Ham and Egg Salad:
- 1/4 c. cooked cubed ham
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 hard boiled eggs, cubed
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1/2 loaf white bread with the crusts cut off
Combine all the ingredients until they hold together and then create long rectangles, semi-circles or triangles.
- 3 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch radishes , thinly sliced
- 1 c. white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 4 tbsp. cream cheese, fairly softened
- 1/2 loaf of white bread, crusts removed (save for bread pudding)
- Place vinegar, dill and a pinch of salt in a bowl and toss the radish and cucumber together. Allow to sit for 15 minutes to lightly pickle.
- Meanwhile spread the cream cheese on pre shaped bread and then layer the cucumbers and radishes on and top with other half of bread.
- If you have extra cucumber place a slice on the top of the sandwiches and dot with sriacha.