Quick, light and delicious.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad: Total Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 2 pieces pita bread, havled
- grated zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 c. fresh chopped dill
- 1 12 oz. can white tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 pt. grape of cherry tomatoes
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the mustard, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small bowl. Slowly whisk the extra virgin olive oil until well blended. Whisk in the dill, 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the tuna, chickpeas, cucumber, scallions and tomatoes with 1/4 c. of the dressing in a medium bowl.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Lightly brush both sides of the pita with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden ~ 1 minute per side. Cool slightly and cut into wedges.
- Toss the romaine with the remaining dressing and divide among bowls. Top with the tuna salad and serve with the grilled pita.
* Nutrition: Calories 504; Chole. 36mg; Total Fat 23g (Sat 3g); Fiber 8g; Protein 31g; Carbs 44g; Sodium 812mg