I absolutely loved this recipe so very much that will probably be the dish that I request for my birthday!
Spicy Raspberry Balsamic Chicken Breasts with Orange Broccoli Bulgur: Total Time: 30 minutes: Active Time: 15 minutes: Serves 4
- ½ c. uncooked bulgur
- 1 c. sm. Broccoli florets
- 1 ½ tsp. orange zest
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 4 4oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. coarse ground fresh pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 c. shallot, diced
- 2 tbsp. white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¾ c. fresh raspberries
- Cook bulgur according to package directions (this can even be done in the rice cooker with 2 parts water to 1 part bulgur). Add broccoli during the final 2 minutes of cooking. Remove from heat and stir in the zest and salt; set aside.
- Meanwhile, season chicken on all sides with black pepper and onion powder. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Turn chicken and cook until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a large plate and cover to keep warm; Add shallots and keep on medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- To shallots add vinegar, soy sauce, honey and pepper flakes. Stir to combine and cook until slightly thickened~ 30 seconds. Stir in raspberries and cook for about 30 more seconds until the berries are slightly softened. Divide chicken and bulgur among the serving plates and spoon berry mixture over chicken.
*Nutrition per serving: Calories: 297: Total Fat: 5g (Sat. 1g, mono 3g, poly 1 g): Carbs 33g: Fiber: 6g: Protein: 31g: Sodium: 342mg: Chole. 66mg