Just like Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, but in a muffin. Tartness and sweetness well balanced in a duet of a muffin. I believe that this could be my go-to muffin recipe, because you could switch out anything with the strawberries and rhubarb to get highly customizable yogurt muffins.
Strawberry, Rhubarb and Yogurt Muffins: Total Time: 30 minutes: Active Time: 15 minutes: Makes about 18 muffins
- 2 c. all purpose flour + 1 tbsp. to coat the berries
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ c. butter
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 c. plain yogurt
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- ¾ cup chopped rhubarb, this is about 1 large piece
- 1 c. chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and oil until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the first four dry ingredients.
- Toss the strawberries in 1 tbsp. flour to coat.
- Add the egg, yogurt and almond extract to the sugar mixture and mix well. Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Add the chopped rhubarb and strawberries and lightly mix in.
- Place paper muffin liner in your muffin tins and use a ¼ cup scoop to fill the liners. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden on top.