At Iron Chef Michael Symon’s Lola Bistro in Cleveland, Ohio this just runs 15 bucks at lunch time. I can see why this particular mac ‘n’ cheese would keep some of the most adventurous customers loyal to the restaurant. This dish is even keeled in flavour and creaminess, and the goat cheese gives the whole dish a nice acidic bite to cut through the traditionally heavy dish. Yum!
Lola’s Macaroni and Cheese: Total + Active Time: 40 minutes: Serves 8
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lb. rigatoni
- 1 qt. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 8 oz. new goat cheese
- 2 c. roasted chicken, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add enough salt so that it tastes seasoned.
- While the water is coming to a boil, put the cream, rosemary, and a pinch salt and pepper in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring just to a simmer, then lower the heat to medium and and simmer to reduce the mixture by half.
- Add the chicken to the cream and bring the mixture back to a simmer. Continue cooking until it coats the back of a spoon, about 30 minutes.
- Add the rigatoni to the boiling water and cook it until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain the pasta from the water and add to the sauce.
- Add goat cheese to pot. Toss the pasta to combine it with the sauce and bring it back to just a simmer. Adjust seasoning to taste.